22 May 2005

The One With The Other Art

I am an art person in general. Most people don't know that I'm in heaven with a pencil and a blank sheet of white paper. I almost chose, in my first year of college, to double major - Math and Art. (Thankfully, I did not do that.)

I don't normally work with colour but would really like to. I colour my mandalas with colour, but I want to be able to draw freehand with colour. At the urging of someone in my circle, I bought some coloured pencils that I had been longing for for years. I have the 48 count box of these, but I wanted more.

Here's what came in the mail to me a bit over a week ago...


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I actually let them sit there for awhile. I opened the shipping box, opened the tin that the pencils live in, and looked at all the wonderful colours. Ooooh heaven!! So, taking a break from knitting today, I sharpened all 120 of these pencils. Only one pencil had a crack in the grain to make life a little difficult, but I made it work, and I am thrilled to bits!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I did use my birthday gift certificate to Amazon.com to lessen the pain of the cost a little. I don't think I would have purchased them otherwise. But they will give me years of entertainment and joy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kalah.,....are these water color pencils? if not. ya want my staedtler 48 set?
But that would mean you would have to stop by and say hi...

denise