14 October 2006

Saturday Baking

Today is a "Wash the Truck" day. (Which I still haven't done, but will before the day is over.) While waiting for the driveway space to pull my truck up, I decided to bake.

In order to bake, I need music. Unfortunately, XM radio is in the kitchen (as opposed to Sirius); they don't have the good oldies stations I like! (I prefer late 50s - early 70s, but there wasn't a choice to listen to that segment of music.)


Classical it was. Veracini performing Violin Sonata #6.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The cookies? Well, I was going to make the classic Nestle Toll House Cookies. Chocolate chip. But digging through the drawer with the 'chips in it, I found about 1/3 to 1/2 bag of both Mrs. Fields choco chips, and Nestle Vanilla Chips.

So that's what I used. Then my mom piped up with, "Why don't you go ahead and use those Heath things too?" So, in went a full bag of crushed Heath bars.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And let me tell you. They were wonderful. :) (And there's a lot left. Which means some of them are going over to Tracy tomorrow.)

No comments: