05 September 2005

My Craft Corner?


I have this space that would be perfect for organizing my crafty things. Various stamp stuff, many coloured pencils and standard graphite drawing pencils, knitting stuff, you know. Art stuff. I'm just not sure how to go about *really* organizing this space. In the picture, you see this cool little cubby that was built for sports equipment storage. My skiis are downstairs with everyone else's, my bike is (sadly) outside waiting for me to clean space in my room to bring the trainer in (so I can hook my bike up to it), and only my golf clubs live in the sports storage area. What I want is to have shelving in there. I'm tall enough to where I can leave the bottom part available for golf clubs etc. to live, but to have shelving that's 18" or so deep would be WONDERFUL above that! That little wall on the left has electricity running through it somewhere, and the wall on the back and right may have plumbing running through it. I JUST put my yarn and some needles in that very small shelving unit in the picture - I can't put anything else in there! Oh to dream of shelving... I'm sure I can buy smooth 18" deep boards at Home Depot ... and I know exactly where to get my L Brackets, and ... well, sure sounds like a weekend project, doesn't it. Now that I'm done organizing the back of my truck, I have weekends (sort of) free enough to start another project. See, I'm rambling. What I really want? To wave my magic wand and have the shelves already cut and stained and put up. So that I can go straight to organizing my STUFF. :) (And yes, my bedroom walls are all dark green. It's a very calming colour for me. I also have glow in the dark stars covering my ceiling.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Solid Silver Wallet Pen
This fine specimen could make a great gift for retro users. Designed to fit into the fold of most men's wallets, the Wallet Pen is handmade of solid sterling silver and features a standard mini ballpoint ...
your blog is creative

Anonymous said...

Damn spammers! I, on the other hand, am real! I like the idea of the deep shelves up above to put things & you could go one step further, put a sliding bottom as the bottom of the shelf. You know, like a pull out so you don't have to reach in to find what you are looking for. It would be easy, 1/4 inch masonite with a little 1 inch lip on the front to pull out. You wouldn't need rails or anything, masonite slides well on finished wood. Just a thought, I am rambling too!