30 May 2005

The One With Frogging, Flogging, ...

Scarf is currently just sitting there staring at me. I had to frog it a little. And now I have to figure out how to get the stitches back onto the needle correctly. [It is, apparently, a good idear to read the book on how to do things you don't know how to do ... before you attempt to do them.] I am also toying with the idear of putting stripes (of seed stitch) every so often. Before I pick up the needles again, I have to figure out a) if I want stripes to break up the ribbing, and b) the ribbing-to-stripe ratio.

So instead of figuring that out yesterday, I went golfing. If you can call it that. Driving range first, where I first noticed that a back/side muscle was aching, then three (or was it four?) holes of play. I think I did okay. [Translated to mean "I didn't lose any balls." Although I think I walked a lot more than the marked yardage on the different holes. Which is a whole different story.] I am now rubbing lotion in that my massage therapist gave me for tight/sore muscles. And I will put a call in to her to see if she has room to schedule me in a week earlier than I am already scheduled...

And the happy news of the day? I ordered myself a fountain pen. I've wanted one forever, and I broke down today while browsing through Levenger. I'm such a pen slut. But I will have Amethyst coloured ink to go with it...

Oh happy day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fountain pen! And from *Levenger*! And amethyst-colored ink!

~dies of jealousy~

You'd so better post pictures when you get the lovely pen. (I love pens too. Can you tell, at all?)

The scarf is beautimous! I love the yarn, too.

:)