18 March 2006

We Have A Scarf!

Oh yes we do! I have completed The Scarf. Done. Well, with the knitting part. It is shy of 7 feet by about 4 inches or so. I still need to block it (or steam it or something) to take the curl out of the edge, but that's a project for tomorrow or Monday.

Here it is. All sprawled out. This is a bar sized pool table, so for those of you who know the difference between all tables out there, you have an idear of how long it is.

I'm Almost Done!

This? Aaah, for the love of HPY.com ...

Purples and Blues and Pinks, oh my!

I'm not sure what happened to the nice diamond pattern it was doing for me. But that went away for nearly a foot 'n a half.

Wha' happen?

Here's how I ended it. Wanted to try to end the scarf much in the same way it began, which, if you look at it, appears to be a few rows of "Hmmm, *that's* interesting...", so this part was intentional and actually looks a lot cleaner. I just swapped the pattern so it's on the other side for a few rows, then did the bind off in strictly knit stitch.

Because that's what I knew how to do, and I didn't want to read 'structions.

Whew.

No comments: